We introduce you to SEO. Terms like backlinks, anchor text and PageRank will be part of your new vocabulary – and combined with keywords and content, you’ll be well equipped to climb to the top of Google. No previous SEO experience required.
- Discover how Search Engines work and what they look for
- SEO vs Google AdWords advertising
- Understand how backlinks, anchor text and PageRank help build your Google reputation
Keyword Research and Customers
Determine who your potential customers are and learn how to segment them into manageable groups to help you with keyword research, site layout and marketing.
- Understand your target audience (class exercise)
- Pick relevant and valuable keywords that convert into business (class exercise)
- Identify the most relevant pages for keywords and customers
Getting Found on Google
To get noticed by Google or other search engines, your site need to be relevant and reputable – we show you how to make sure it’s both.
- Understand how search engines index pages
- Use keywords effectively in your pages (class exercise)
- Build your website’s reputation
- Website submission sites (pros and cons)
- Online PR
- Asking your contacts to link to you
- Content and blog marketing (intro)
- Guest blogging (intro)
- Writing for the web (intro)
Building a Great Website
Your website should be easy to use and understand for users and Search Engines. We teach you how to do this in a credible way that sets you apart from the competition.
- Select the right Content Management System and ensure it’s search engine friendly
- Craft your website’s unique selling propositions (class exercise)
- Make your website easy to use for customers (class exercise)
Putting It All Together
We recap what we’ve covered – and highlight the most important areas so that you can create a successful SEO action plan.
- How best to manage your SEO time
- How to set up reporting and measure progress
- Checklist and how to create your action plan
Who is this training for?
The SEO introduction course is for those new to search engine optimisation. You definitely don’t need to be a tech expert to understand SEO. During the course we introduce you to new concepts one step at a time.
We’ve helped all sorts of beginners: online marketers, marketing managers faced with managing in-house or agency teams, senior management, entrepreneurs turning their ideas into reality, and passionate people keen to further their career.
Included with your course…
A 90+ page course manual and a USB stick containing useful materials that you keep and can refer back to.
- Microsoft Word on-page optimisation template
- Microsoft Excel keyword research template
- Recommended SEO tools (free and paid)
- An action plan template
Frequently Asked Questions
#1: I have no previous SEO experience and I’m not very computer literate. Will I cope?
No previous experience is required. If you can use a Word Processor and the Internet, you’ll be fine.
#2: Is it a practical course?
The day is led through slides (theory) and we have regular ‘hands-on’ exercises so you can learn by doing as well as listening. So you have a nice balance of theory and practical exercises.
#3: If I go on a public course with others, will it be relevant to my website?
All the practical exercises you will do are for your own website, so you’ll already have made progress with your SEO before the end of the day.
#4: I have a little knowledge of SEO and a little hands on experience. Is this the right course for me, or is the SEO intermediate course more suitable?
If you are comfortable using tools provided by Google to do keyword research, know how to work keywords into content and have some knowledge of building links to your website, then the SEO intermediate course may well be perfect for you. If you’re not sure, please get in touch and we can discuss it with you.
#5: Do you offer discounts?
Yes! We offer 10% off if you book two day-long courses together, 15% off if you book three or more day-long courses, and 25% off if you are a charity. The 10% and 15% discount get automatically applied to your shopping cart. Charities, please contact us.
#6: Can I pay by invoice instead of booking online?
Yes – simply email us to say which courses you would like to book. Give us the full name and email of the attendees, plus the business or individual name that you would like to go on the invoice.
#7: I am an individual and not a business. I am looking to further my career. Will this be suitable for me?
Absolutely – career-minded individuals make up around 20% of our customers, and find our courses very helpful in developing new skills and confidence in using them.
#8: Do you offer certification?
Yes. Just let us know in advance and we will supply you with certification.
#9: What do I get to keep after the course and is there any support?
You will get to keep a 90 page course manual and a USB stick containing useful materials that you can refer back to at any time. We will also be happy to answer questions by email after the training.
#10: Where are your London SEO workshops held?
In Marble Arch, overlooking Hyde Park.
SEO Onsite Training
In addition to our public SEO workshops in London, we offer onsite training where we come to your office. You benefit from:
- Personalised training
- More time to focus on your website
- Learning at your own pace
- Asking more questions