We help you get to grips with the fast-moving world of online networks. You’ll learn how to make a great start with major sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and Pinterest.
- Brief introduction to social media – to clear up any questions before we dig deeper
- Discover which social network(s) are right for you and your business
Using Facebook and Twitter
Facebook and Twitter are great places to start: between them, they have over one billion active users every month.
- Setting up a page on Facebook – or improving your company’s existing page
- Adding text updates, links, photos and polls to Facebook
- Creating and using a Twitter account
- Using Twitter’s different features – so you can easily interact with customers
Using Google+, LinkedIn and Pinterest
Google+ is the second-largest social networking site, LinkedIn is great for businesses, and Pinterest (a pinboard-style photo-sharing website) is the fastest growing standalone site ever.
- Learning how Google+ offers SEO benefits
- Using Google Places and Google’s Author tag
- Adding your company to LinkedIn and posting updates
- Discovering whether Pinterest is suitable for you
- Using Pinterest to complement your overall social media strategy
Effective Use of Social Media
Social media can be a bit daunting when you’re starting out, so we share tools for integrating it into your website, automating your activity, and keeping your customers happy.
- Understanding how your blog works as a social media platform
- Logging in regularly and keeping accounts updated
- Integrating social media into your website
- Using automation – understanding the tools available, and the pros and cons
- Using social media meta tags – including Facebook Open Social and Twitter Cards
- Keeping existing customers happy – moderating and dealing with any negative comments
Putting it All Together and Your Action Plan
We review the key points covered and take a look at which networks are most suitable for your business.
- Action plan and roadmap – deciding on your next steps
- Your personal “aha” moments – get inspired by your own and other attendees’ ideas
Who is this course for?
However big or small your business is, you need a social media presence. In this one-day social media course, we don’t assume that you have any prior knowledge – so we take things step-by-step, and focus on key websites: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and Pinterest.
We help you get set up on these sites, and give you practical advice on the day-to-day use of social media accounts, so that you have the confidence you need in order to develop the use of social media within your company
Included with your course…
A comprehensive course information pack and a USB stick containing useful materials that you keep and can refer back to.
- Microsoft Word social media template
- Microsoft Excel social media template
- Recommended social media tools (free and paid)
- An action plan template
Frequently Asked Questions
#1: I have no previous social media experience and I’m not very computer literate. Will I cope?
You don’t need any previous experience. If you can use a Word Processor and the Internet, you’ll be fine.
#2: Is it a practical course?
The day is led through slides (theory) and we have regular ‘hands-on’ exercises so you can learn by doing as well as listening. So you have a nice balance of theory and practical exercises.
#3: If I go on a public course with others, will it be relevant to my website?
All the practical exercises you will do are for your own website, so you’ll already have made progress with your social media before the end of the day.
#4: I have a little knowledge of social media and a little hands on experience. Is this the right course for me?
This course caters for those new to social media, and for those who have already set up and used social media accounts for their business. If you’re not sure, please get in touch and we can discuss it with you.
#5: Do you offer discounts?
Yes! We offer 10% off if you book two day-long courses together, 15% off if you book three or more day-long courses, and 25% off if you are a charity. The 10% and 15% discount get automatically applied to your shopping cart. Charities, please contact us.
#6: Can I pay by invoice instead of booking online?
Yes – simply email us to say which courses you would like to book. Give us the full name and email of the attendees, plus the business or individual name that you would like to go on the invoice.
#7: I am an individual and not a business. I am looking to further my career. Will this be suitable for me?
Absolutely – career-minded individuals make up around 20% of our customers, and find our courses very helpful in developing new skills and confidence in using them.
#8: Do you offer certification?
Yes. Just let us know in advance and we will supply you with certification.
#9: What do I get to keep after the course and is there any support?
You will get to keep the course information pack and a USB stick containing useful materials that you can refer back to. We will also be happy to answer questions by email after the training.
#10: Where are your London social media workshops held?
In Marble Arch, overlooking Hyde Park.
Social Media Onsite Training
In addition to our public social media workshops in London, we offer onsite training where we come to your office. You benefit from:
- Personalised training
- More time to focus on your website
- Learning at your own pace
- Asking more questions